Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Trackside Log for Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today was a bright, sunny day so I not only took my camera along to work but also got out the Mustang for the day. The Southern Ontario Railway took delivery of a New England Central locomotive from Canadian National the previous Thursday. The plan was to photograph it on my way to work. I passed by Garnet, where the train is normally parked in the morning, to no avail. Nothing was there. With little recourse I drove to work.

However, after work luck had not yet abandoned me. As I was approaching the Highway 3 railway crossing I could see the train heading south. I made a slight detour south for photographs.

  • 1457 Nanticoke - SOR southbound - NECR 3840-CEFX 2014

After a few photographs of the new arrival I resumed my journey home feeling satisfied with having accomplished my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment