Friday, May 06, 2011

Trackside Log for Friday, May 6, 2011

Missy accompanied me to work today. The nice thing about a small office is I can take my dog to work now and again. So without the normal pressing need to get home for Missy I decided to pass by the Southern Ontario Railway in Nanticoke to see what might be happening. First I noticed two locomotives switching the north end of the Esso facility but upon crossing the Stelco Spur discovered a third assembling a train of loaded steel cars. I waited for it to depart the small yard west of Regional Road 55.

  • 1621 Nanticoke - SOR switcher - RLK 4095

I drove over to the junction of the Stelco Spur and the Hagersville Subdivision to see the train again.

  • 1628 Nanticoke - SOR switcher - RLK 4095
  • 1628 Nantocoke - SOR switcher - NECR 3840-RLK 4057

RLK 4095 cut off its train and left it on the Stelco Spur and ran down the Hydro Spur to couple onto a pair of tank cars and the other two locomotives.

The rain was beginning to fall so I figured that was enough activity for the afternoon. Missy and I headed for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment