Monday, May 23, 2011

Trackside Log for Monday, May 23, 2011

Today was Victoria Day in Canada and I was spending it at home relaxing with Missy. I figured there would be very little activity on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision and I was correct. I had inadvertently left my scanner on over night and didn't realise it until a southbound called out the Smithville mile board in the early afternoon. Wow. That is quiet. It was spitting a bit of rain but remained relatively bright so I took Missy over to Sumbler Road for a photograph.

  • 1347 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 8790-CITX 3066

Traffic is normally rather light on a Monday but this holiday Monday proved especially tough on tonnage. At a mere two cars train 246 was as short as I had seen in quite some time.

Later that night, while Missy and I were outside, the motive power returned on train 247.

  • 2240 Fenwick - CP 247 north - CP 8790-CITX 3066

Although longer than two cars it was once again quite short. The detector at mile 28.3 of the Hamilton Subdivision reported 58 axles.

No comments:

Post a Comment