Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trackside Log for Sunday, May 15, 2011

This evening I was feeling a bit cooped up inside. The weather had been miserable all day and Missy was getting anxious too. I figured Missy would enjoy a drive so I grabbed the camera, just in case, and off we went. I aimed myself toward Port Colborne because the laker Canadian Progress was due at Lock 8 later in the evening. I'd gone no farther than three miles when I heard Canadian Pacific Job 3 talking to Canadian National train 564. Excellent. I was going to be able to see both of them. I first set up at Netherby Road near Canadian National's Southern Yard to catch Job 3 leaving upon completion of their work.

  • 1816 Welland - CP Job 3 east - CP 8246-CP 8248

When Job 3 departed train 564 was ready to return to home rails. I drove over to Brookfield to catch them still on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision.

  • 1834 Brookfield - CN 564 south - CN 7080-CN 4710

Next I took Missy to Port Colborne for some food and to watch the Canadian Progress in Lock 8. The weather was depressing, but at least we left the house for a bit. And yes, Missy enjoyed the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment