Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trackside Log for Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today promised to be hot and oppressive. By 0900 it was already above 20°C and hazy. I still decided to take along my cameras, just in case. When I passed by the Southern Ontario Railway's yard in Garnet I discovered that the power for train 596 had changed rather significantly since the last time I'd looked.

  • 0920 Garnet, Ontario - SOR 596 south - CEFX 2014-CEFX 2019-RLK 4095

After lunch I had an appointment in Caledonia. Since I have to drive through Hagersville to get there I decided to make a quick stop afterward to photograph what remains of the former crossing of the Canadian National Hagersville Subdivision (now Southern Ontario Railway) and the now abandoned Michigan Central/New York Central Canadian Main Line.

  • 1408 Hagersville - Hagersville Diamond


After finishing work I passed by the Southern Ontario Railway again to attempt another photograph. I found the train parked at Garnet once again but this time facing north.

  • 1653 Garnet - SOR 597 north - RLK 4095-CEFX 2019-CEFX 2014

It was quite hot so I was happy to get back into my vehicle and head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment