Friday, August 26, 2011

Trackside Log for Friday, August 26, 2011

This afternoon I had an appointment in downtown Burlington. I decided I would grab lunch there and eat it by the tracks in Aldershot. En route I discovered a Southern Ontario Railway GP40 idling with crew on board in Hagersville.

  • 1230 Hagersville - SOR switcher - RLK 4095

There were some track maintenance machines just up the line that I assume the crew on the RLK 4095 was waiting for.

After picking up lunch I headed to the Lemonville Road bridge over the Canadian National Oakville Subdivision. While eating train 552 poked its nose out from under the bridge. I walked up to the top for some photographs.

  • 1339 Aldershot - CN 552 - CN 4707-CN 4710

In the last photo you can see the result of train 435 derailing two days before. The newly ballasted track upon which train 552 is working has been realigned from the original configuration. The track to the left where the damaged autorack still sits was the original alignment for the switching lead.

Later that evening, at just about the time that Missy was starting to whine for her walk, I heard the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision dispatcher issue a clearance to train 255 from Brookfield East to Kinnear Yard. I decided I could walk Missy over to the Farr Street crossing for a photograph. After a short wait at the crossing the distant sound of horns could be heard.

  • 1806 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 8525-CP 9572

After walking the two kilometres back home I popped over to the Lions Club booth for some fish and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment