Monday, August 01, 2011

Trackside Log for Monday, August 1, 2011

I turned the scanner on while working on various projects at home this morning. I could hear train 255 working Canadian Pacific's Welland Yard. I waited for the dispatcher to issue the train a clearance before taking Missy to Chantler Road for a photograph next to the old barn.

  • 1005 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 9702-CP 5908 (video)

Train 255's complete consist (aside from one car from which I was unable to read the complete number): [show/hide]

In the afternoon, just as I was taking Missy for her walk I heard horns several concessions away. I went back inside to get my camera and caught the yard engines delivering two bulkhead flats of steel pipe to Cappco in Smithville.

  • 1731 Fenwick - CP northbound - CP 8208-CP 8216

Shortly after our walk the two GP9s returned from setting off their train.

  • 1810 Fenwick - CP southbound - CP 8216-CP 8208

Knowing that the return trip would be a light power move Missy and I stayed indoors and just listened to it rumble through town.

No comments:

Post a Comment