Saturday, August 13, 2011

Trackside Log for Saturday, August 13, 2011

I spent the morning indoors with the scanner on in the background. Canadian Pacific train 255's crew outlawed in Welland Yard but I opted not to make the drive to see it. By the afternoon the skies had cleared nicely and I set up a lawn chair under the shade in the back yard with Missy beside me and began reading Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman. Several chapters into the story I heard train 255 north announce its presence a few concessions to the south. I got my camera and drove to Farr Street for a photograph.

  • 1533 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 8816-CP 9654

This was only the second photograph I'd taken after the start of “Operation Sightline”. I'd been working on eliminating much of the brush that has grown up around some of the better photographic locations around Fenwick. This particular view was considerably overgrown but I'd made some dramatic improvements.

I returned to the lawn chair and my book. After several more chapters more horns could be heard at Regional Road 24. I grabbed the camera and jogged through my back yard to photograph train 246 south.

  • 1616 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CEFX 1029-CP 9618

The blue leased locomotive was a pleasant change from the ubiquitous red Canadian Pacific GE power of the past two days. Once the train has passed through town I returned to Missy and my book.

1 comment:

  1. Clearing 'line of sight' too. You are a dedicated rail fan.

    ReplyDelete