Monday, August 15, 2011

Trackside Log for Monday, August 15, 2011

As I was driving home from an appointment in Hamilton I turned the scanner on to hear if there was any activity on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision. It wasn't long before I heard train 246 obtain a clearance from Smithville to Welland. The timing was going to be about perfect. I arrived home, let Missy out, got my camera and drove to Sumbler Road for a photograph. I didn't need to wait long.

  • 1647 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CEFX 1007-CP 9577

The scene of the engineer gesticulating out the window of CEFX 1007 was really quite humourous. I wish I had the video running. Ah well. After the train passed by I returned home for our nightly walk before I regraded my driveway.

1 comment:

  1. I love this pic- brings back memories of steam , when it was a ritual (of engineers) to wave at people watching trains. I think engineers doing this kind of thing is probably the best PR the CPR got for free. Besides - these guys are proud of what they do.

    Great pic!

    ReplyDelete