Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trackside Log for Saturday, October 22, 2011

Yesterday Sam and I drove to Ann Arbor, Michigan so Sam could visit the Fiber Show. I was tagging along for company and a little road trip. After breakfast at the Comfort Inn I dropped Sam off at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds and started to explore. My first destination was Adrian to see the Adrian & Blissfield Railroad. Upon arrival I found one of their GP9s parked beside a playground.

  • 1103 Adrian, MI - Adrian & Blissfield power - ADBF 1759

Nothing else was visible in town and the former Wabash tracks were all quiet so I followed the Adrian & Blissfield to its other namesake. Here I found two more GP9s, the Old Road Dinner Train cars, and a variety of other rolling stock.

  • 1136 Blissfield, MI - Adrian & Blissfield power - ADBF 1751
  • 1138 Blissfield, MI - Adrian & Blissfield power - ADBF 1755
  • 1145 Blissfield, MI - Adrian & Blissfield station
  • 1147 Blissfield, MI - Old Road Dinner Train cars

After the photographs I continued my exploration. I followed the Adrian & Blissfield to Riga and their connection with the Indiana & Ohio. Nothing interesting was there so I then followed the Indiana & Ohio to Diann and their connection with the Ann Arbor Railroad where I found a tower and parked interchange traffic. Again with no activity present I followed the Ann Arbor north to the connection with Norfolk Southern in Milan. As I was crossing the former Wabash tracks I noticed a green signal for a westbound. I picked a decent location in town and waited.

  • 1341 Milan, MI - NS westbound - NS 8905-NS 9335

I decided now that the sun angle had moved around to head back to the Adrian & Blissfield again since there wasn't much other activity to be seen. Once again I found the GP9 next to the playground in Adrian.

  • 1431 Adrian, MI - Adrian & Blissfield power - ADBF 1759

And then back to Blissfield for another look at the rusty 1755.

  • 1455 Blissfield, MI - Adrian & Blissfield power - ADBF 1755

It was now approaching the time I agreed to pick Sam back up from the expo so I made my way back north to Ann Arbor. Sam enjoyed the show and I enjoyed exploring some of southern Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment