Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trackside Log for Sunday, October 23, 2011

Once again Sam and I awoke at the Comfort Inn in Ann Arbor, Michigan. After breakfast we began our journey back to Ontario. As is often the case with me, it wasn't a direct journey. After stopping in Dexter for apple cider and fresh doughnuts our route took us to Hell. For about twenty years I've been talking about visiting Hell, Michigan. Today I checked that off my "to do list".

After stopping for a bit in Durand, finding nothing parked in the yard, and nothing moving on the Grand Trunk Western, we drove eastward to Port Huron. The only stop of note was in Lapeer where I photographed the Lapeer Industrial Railroad's 65 ton engine.

  • 1449 Lapeer, MI - Lapeer Industrial power - LIRR 5

Next it was on to Port Huron where I photographed the Grand Republic in the St. Clair River. We spent an hour on the Blue Water Bridge and ate supper at Swiss Chalet before driving back home. It wasn't the most successful day of photography, but it was pleasant.

1 comment: