Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Trackside Log for Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today I was driving to Port Dover and Delhi for a pair of appointments. I had some time at lunch so I got my camera and tripod out to photograph some more panoramas. I managed to create three in Simcoe.

The first is the former grade crossing of the Lake Erie & Northern and the Canadian National's Otterville Subdivision (later the Simcoe Subdivision). Both these rights of way are now part of the Lynn Valley Rail Trail.

NOTE: You can download the full resolution image of each panorama by clicking the “download” button at the left above the photograph after clicking the thumbnails.

  • 1244 Simcoe - LE&N Crossing

Next I drove a little north to where the three tracks of the Canadian National and Wabash's Cayuga Subdivision passed over the Lake Erie & Northern. The trees have formed a decent canopy but the LE&N tracks are down there.

  • 1312 Simcoe - CN Cayuga Sub Overpass

My final stop in Simcoe was the former Simcoe Junction location. This is where, a long time ago, the Canadian National and Wabash's Cayuga Subdivision passed over the Canadian National's Otterville Subdivision. However the Otterville Subdivision was abandoned in 1935 from this point north to Otterville. From Simcoe Junction to Port Dover then became the Simcoe Subdivision. The bridge was replaced by fill. If you look closely the eastern concrete bridge abutments are visible in the photograph.

  • 1403 Simcoe - Simcoe Junction

That evening, after Missy's walk, I turned the scanner on. Not long before sunset I heard a soutbound announce the Boyle mile board. It was such a nice evening I drove to River Road to see the train.

  • 1834 Fenwick - CP 254 south - CP 8926-CP 8548-CP 5677

That shiny new ES44AC made the rest of the locomotive consist look rather bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment