Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Trackside Log for Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today was a fantastic day. It was sunny, warm but not hot, and not humid. Beauty, eh? So I took my camera along to work again today to see if I could get some better looking photographs of the two GP20Ds running on the Southern Ontario Railway. I was in luck. They were parked at the south end of the yard in Garnet as usual.

  • 1019 Garnet - SOR 596 south - CEFX 2014-CEFX 2019-RLK 4095

After a day's work I passed by Nanticoke to see if the Southern Ontario Railway was working. They were indeed but were hidden within the confines of Lake Erie Steel. So I headed for home. While driving through Dunnville I heard train 254 report clear of mile 35 to a rail grinding train. I was too far away to catch 254 but was able to photograph the rail grinder.

  • 1907 Fenwick - CP rail grinder south - RG 311

After a few photographs I headed home to catch game one of the Stanley Cup finals between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks. Go Canucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment