Sunday, May 25, 2003

Trackside Log for Sunday, May 25, 2003

This morning was another beautiful sunny day. This worked out well for my primary goal of the 195 mile drive north: VIA Rail RDC cars. VIA only uses RDCs on two routes in all of Canada. This, the run from Sudbury to White River, and on Vancouver Island. I got up nice and early, checked out of the Continental Motel made the short trek to the station. Before the RDCs arrived I found Canadian Pacific train 434 in the yard.

  • White River, Ontario - CP 434 east - CP 6001-CP 5956
  • White River, Ontario - VIA 186 east - VIA 6205-VIA 6250

After the RDCs departed town I hung around to photograph several trains that were in the area including a work train parked in the yard. Oh, and I also had time to photograph the "Winnie the Pooh" monument.

  • White River, Ontario - CP work - STLH 5614-CP 5693
  • White River, Ontario - CP eastbound - CP 8604-CP 8655
  • White River, Ontario - CP 110 east - CP 9502-CP 8642
  • White River, Ontario - CP 120 east - CP 5922-CP 6049-CP 5737

Once the trains dried up I headed back south toward Sault Ste. Marie. It was a fairly long drive and I had to go back to work at Algoma Steel. By the time I got to Steelton it had clouded over but I decided to photograph the Algoma Central southbound passenger in front of the Algoma Steel entrance anyway.

  • Steelton, Ontario - AC 2 south - CN 9540

It had been a very productive weekend photographically and I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment