Thursday, May 22, 2003

Trackside Log for Thursday, May 22, 2003

This morning while passing by the Huron Central yard I noticed that some of the power had been moved around so I took a quick few photographs before heading into Algoma Steel for the day.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - Huron Central Railway power - HCRY 201-HCRY 3011

Also adjacent to Algoma Steel is the St. Mary's Paper mill. Today I found them switching paper cars in front of the steel plant with their GE 80-ton switcher.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - St. Mary's Paper switcher - SMP 775-52-1

Today after work I decided to meet the Algoma Central passenger train at the station across the road from my hotel. Unfortunately at this point, with Canadian National now operating it, the motive power was a crappy looking GP40-2W.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - AC 2 south - CN 9541

At least the rail cars were still painted for the Algoma Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment