Saturday, June 11, 2011

Trackside Log for Saturday, June 11, 2011

The weather for today was to be rather unpredictable. Missy and I decided to spend the majority of the day indoors. Outside it varied from sun to overcast to the odd shower. I left the scanner on and heard train 255 north obtain a clearance from Welland Yard to Vinemount. I took Missy for a short walk behind my house for a photograph. Naturally it began to spit rain at this moment. Fortunately it wasn't prohibitive to photography.

  • 1518 Fenwick - CP 255 north - SOO 6055-CEFX 3173-HLCX 6206

I had missed this train on Thursday while walking Missy in the evening. So I was rather pleased to get a second chance to photograph it. The weather conditions were nicer the first time, but there was little I could do about it.

After about forty five minutes train 255 met train 254 at Vinemount. I waited another thirty minutes then drove over to River Road for a photograph in what proved to be significantly better light.

  • 1642 Fenwick - CP 254 south - CP 8766-CP 9821

At that point it was time for Missy's walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment