This morning Sam, Missy and I departed Halifax and drove to our first stop of the day: Peggy's Cove. After some very nice photographs we meandered our way to the Windsor & Hantsport Railway. The first location was Windsor where the shop building is. The railway has been idle for some time now due to the closure of the gypsum mine which is obvious from the quantity of rust on the rails.
- 1302 ADT Windsor, NS - WHRC Evangeline Express passenger car
- 1303 ADT Windsor, NS - WHRC shops
- 1305 ADT Windsor, NS - WHRC ballast sweeper and gypsum cars
- 1314 ADT Windsor, NS - WHRC caboose - WHRC 150
- 1314 ADT Windsor, NS - Windsor & Hantsport tracks
When I looked through a window in the shops I could see that the two B23-7s, WHRC 1968-WHRC 4079, were inside.
Next, after Sam visited Gaspereau Valley Fibres near Wolfville, I drove through Hantsport. This is the location of the gypsum ship loading facility and a former Dominion Atlantic Railway station. Here is where I found most of the gypsum cars parked.