Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trackside Log for Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today was the last day of my east coast trip with Sam and Missy. We started the day by visiting Biscotte & Cie in St-Bruno, Québec. After Sam made her purchases we were headed west toward home. I only made one railway related stop. I heard about two westbounds on the scanner and drove to Dalhousie Mills, Québec to attempt a photograph. Unfortunately they were gone before we arrived. However, an eastbound was on the way. I decided to drive ahead a bit to meet it.

  • 1416 EDT Glen Roy, ON - CP eastbound - CP 8707/CP 9607 (DPU)

Just after the train cleared the crossing and I was about to resume our homeward trek, an unmarked OPP vehicle stopped behind me. I've had this happen a few times before but this time the officer was curt and quite rude. Normally the police have been polite when asking what I'm doing. After running a check on me and finding nothing of interest he left us to ourselves. Several miles later we encountered him again chasing down another car.

With that we made our way back home with only a stop at Sam's parents' home once again. Then the trip was over. Although much of what Marcus and I saw ten years ago is no longer, I enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment