Friday, April 15, 2011

Trackside Log for Friday, April 15, 2011

It was a bright sunny morning although it was cool and quite windy. However, since the cold and the wind don't affect photography I toted my camera along to work today. I made the slight detour past the Southern Ontario Railway yard in Garnet to see if train 596 was parked there.

  • 0920 Garnet - SOR 596 south - RLK 4057-RLK 4095-NECR 3840

After work it was still nice and bright outside but the clouds were starting to move in. We were in for some rain for the weekend. Ugh! But it wasn't here yet so I took another detour on my way back home. I headed down to Nanticoke to see if I could locate the Southern Ontario Railway again. As luck would have it they were switching the south end of the yard at the Esso refinery.

  • 1612 Nanticoke - SOR switcher - NECR 3840-RLK 4095-RLK 4057

Just moments after I finished photographing the train the crew closed the gate into Esso and ran back to the north end of the yard. Nice timing. With nothing else for me to photograph I drove home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment