Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trackside Log for Saturday, April 16, 2011

I awoke to a rainy, miserable spring day this morning. As I was collecting myself for the day an empty ethanol train slid through town. The rain was significant enough that I merely watched it roll through town.

  • 0828 Fenwick - CP 627 north - CP 9640

Chalk that up as the most boring ethanol train I've seen on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision to date. Just as he cleared town he gave a track release to train 255. By the time the second train was approaching town the rain had subsided enough that I decided to take Missy out to see it.

  • 0859 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 8642-CP 8823-SOO 6045

With nothing else to see Missy and I returned home to spend the miserable day inside.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might be interested in the aerial shots of the ONR derailment on mile 16.6 of the Temagami Sub. The northbound#113 out of NorthBay hit a washout. The two SD751 engines and a SD40-2 rolled down the embankment...as well as six cars. www.onrgallery.com

    ReplyDelete